Monday, June 16, 2014

My First Blog Post!

Now that it's summer break, I've had some time just to sit, breathe, and recuperate from the whirlwind known as my first year teaching! It was a crazy year, and I believe I learned more than my students did this year. I owe my survival to the most amazing group of 2nd grade teachers known to Earth! Their help and advice was super valuable to me, and I'm ready to tackle my 2nd year with them!

This blog was created for 2 reasons:

  • To join the world of networking lessons and resources with other educators out there. I love to see all the creative brains out there (because, bless, I definitely don't have one). I hope to learn from those much more wise than I!
  • To connect with and share what is happening in my classroom with my students, parents, and community. 
Since I've completed my first 2nd grade rodeo, I'm more familiar with the skills that my students loved to tackle and struggled to grasp. While the hubby is studying his life away in medical school this summer, I hope to create engaging resources for my students to use throughout the next school year. 

I would love your feedback as I begin this journey!
Happy Summer!
Emily Cecil

1 comment: