Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday Made It: July 3

'
Today, I'm joining 4th Grade Frolics for #MondayMadeIt! 
I love love love decorating for holidays! I had an old pickle jar that I set aside for weeks hoping for a fun project. With the 4th of July coming up, I found this simple project that I was able to complete all during baby's nap time! And it only required minimal materials!

twine, an old jar*, a small flag, mod podge
(not pictured: scissors, newspaper, brush)
*I used a 16 oz jar and it was a little small for this project. For a seamless finish, I would use at least 20 oz or larger.

First, peel off the labels. The front label peeled right off, but the back one did not. I used fingernail polish remover, soap and hot water, and a lot of elbow grease to get it off.

Unstitch the flag from the pole. You may want to use scissors to help you with the thread until the pole can slide right out.

Flatten the flag and lay it flat.

With mod podge and a brush, coat the jar with glue, then layer the flag on top. Once it is positioned how you want, thickly brush glue over the flag. Don't worry, it will dry clear!

Be sure to lay on newspapers so your mess is contained. (Ok, so maybe I'm the only messy one, but a lil newspaper doesn't hurt! Easy cleanup!)


When it's dry, wrap some twine around the top and arrange as desired. Fill with sand or salt and a candle for a fun votive or some festive flowers for a vase!

 Happy 4th of July, everyone! 


6 comments:

  1. Your flag jar is darling!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You flag jar is cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mod podge! This reminds me that I want to do some clipboards! See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your jar is adorable! And how easy to create with some Mod Podge! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jar project! I'll have to keep that one in mind.

    ReplyDelete