Thursday, July 17, 2014

A peek into my classroom

Is it possible for teachers to not think about school during the summer??? I've been popping in our building since my floors have been waxed and shiny (My floor looks brand new! Considering what it went through this past year, it's amazing...really).

Last year, I was the new teacher on the block and didn't have a CLUE what to do with an empty classroom. Actually, it wasn't completely empty. The first time I saw my room it looked like this:
woah. 

Pretty soon, it was all cleaned out and I had nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean nothing. I scraped together enough materials in one month to call this thing a classroom and it looked like this:
Still a bit empty, but ready for some 2nd grade sweeties. So many people donated time and resources to help me start my first year. I am forever thankful!

At the end of the school year, I knew I wanted to change some things around for my next batch of sweeties. I've collected a bit more classroom goodies over the year, and I've filled in my room a little! I'm waiting to put names on some stuff everything until right before our Meet and Greet on August 5th. It will change several times until about the 2nd week of school! I've still got a bit more to put up, but here it is!


Now, it just needs my new 17 little sweeties to make it complete! 

Oh, and see that thing pulled up on my computer screen? A teacher-friend showed me an amazing interactive math notebook from Blair Turner and I think I'm going to be in LOVE with math journaling this year! Her 2nd Grade Common Core Math Interactive Notebook has "I Can" statements and vocabulary words for each standard which is simply fantastic. I spent my afternoon printing all the pages (there are quite a bit). They are ready to be sorted with tabs labeled by standards-not at all Type A, right?!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that rug is beautiful!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that it is PERFECT! Much thanks to some amazing teacher-friend :)

      Delete